These are subject to reevaluation as they have not yet been tested:
- The school of Necromancy is restricted at game start.
- All Wizards must be specialists. Though with the restriction of Necromancy they will be without 3 schools instead of 2.
- Identify is now a 5th level spell. Consecrate takes 10 minutes to cast. Magic Circle spells take 1 minute to cast.
- 0-level spells are not expanded when cast, but you still need to prepare them.
- All arcane spell-casters now have the ability to detect other arcane practitioners. This works as the detect evil spell-like ability of the Paladin.
- Auto damage is re-rolled every turn – this is mostly to remind me to apply it.
- Skills can be swapped out at a 1:1 ratio, but you need to provide a valid reason why your character would have the new skill rather than the standard class skill.
- Hide and Move Silently are one skill: Stealth.
- In order to encourage role-playing extra exp will be given to those who perform as their character would:
– To create more real characters, come up with three personal beliefs at the beginning of the campaign (killing children is always wrong, you’re foolish for not accepting power, demons are just misunderstood, etc). Additional exp each time you have a change in beliefs, within reason.
– Tokens/stickers: When I think a player does something awesome or unexpectedly realistic roleplay-wise, I can give them a token/sticker. These can be traded in for experience or saved up for bonuses to checks or attacks. They will only last until the end of each session. Players can give them to each other as well (The GM can veto stupid/excessive ones though).
- Improvements: In the interests of improving GM skills, after the session, each character comes up with something about the session they feel I could have done better.
- Remarkable: In the interests of improving GM skills, after the session, each character comes up with something about the session they feel was totally awesome.